(S)tudies show that cardiovascular risk also decreases with coffee consumption. … Norwegian researchers found that women who drank one to three cups a day reduced their risk of cardiovascular disease by 24 percent compared with those drinking no coffee at all.
…(R)esearchers found that a typical serving of coffee contains more antioxidants than typical servings of grape juice, blueberries, raspberries and oranges.
“We were surprised to learn that coffee quantitatively is the major contributor of antioxidants in the diet both in Norway and in the U.S.A.,” said Rune Blomhoff, the senior author of both studies and a professor of nutrition at the University of Oslo.
And the Norwegians should know – absolutely great coffee over there.
Other benefits (some from the article, some made up for comic relief):
- Twitching burns additional calories equivalent to a donut a day!
- Waking up to a cup of black coffee after a night out on the town reduces the risk of chirossis of the liver!
- Slices, Dices, Circumcises, even makes Julianne Fries, whatever the hell those are!
- Reduces the risk of death from all causes by over 15% (That one is honestly not made up)
- Chicks dig guys who write and drink coffee
- Changes your tie pattern on a near daily basis
Smells so lovely when you pour it
You’ll want to drink a quart of coffee
It’s delicious all alone
It’s also good with donuts, black coffee
Yeah, OK, I’m done.
Blogged with Flock