I finished out the year with about two hours on the bike. Not tough hours by any stretch of the imagination, but it was a good ride from the house out past the Borough and back through downtown Mystic. No major insights, ‘cept for an appreciation for a good latte at the end of a ride, and the eternal quandary about how much is the right amount to wear to balance being cold at the beginning and being too hot during the ride. I erred on the side of being too cold, and had chilly toes at the end.
While I’m at it, I outta sum up 2007, and review my resolutions. The short version?
So, going back to this year’s resolutions:
- Third marathon – didn’t happen. Mostly due to not wanting to jinx Missy
- Support of OKC 2008 – still (mostly on track)
- 20 mile/week baseline – didn’t happen. I did 510 miles for 2007, which is roughly 10 miles/week. It’s kind of mitigated by only having 8 miles in Feb and 30 miles in March as I was recovering from PF, but it wasn’t until August that I made it back up to 20 miles a week for a couple of weeks. Nov was roughly 50 miles, and Dec was roughly 40 miles, and both of those were shortened by a week while I was at sea with the Colombians. So, I’m feeling OK for OKC.
- Drop Weight – At least I didn’t gain any.
- Start writing for CRN again – um, yeah. That didn’t work out either.