Hey. for anyone out there in the RBF who still listens, I’ve got a training question.
For San Antonio, I’ve been on the following Schedule pretty regularly:
- Monday – Easy run (Say 40-50 minutes)
- Tuesday – Cross Train (Say 40 minutes bike or swim)
- Wednesday – Tempo run with Fartlek (50-60 minutes with ~8 one minute accelerations)
- Thursday – Cross Train (Say 40 minutes bike or swim)
- Friday – Easy Run (30-40 minutes)
- Saturday – Long Run (Standard marathon build up; two 20 milers planned)
At the end of this month, I’ve got 14 miles planned on the 30th by the schedule. BUT, there’s two events that weekend – the Nike+ Human Race on the 31st and the New Haven 20K on the first. So my plan for the weekend is as follows:
- Friday – Easy run, 40 minutes
- Saturday – Rest
- Sunday – Nike 10K (replaces Monday’s planned run, I’m not planning on going 100% hard)
- Monday – New Haven 20K (Replaces the week’s long run)
- Tuesday – back to the schedule with the cross training and the regularity.
I end up giving up two miles, but get the 20K race. So, whadda y’all think? Does it work?