- 30 minutes is worth heading out the door. As a matter of fact, so is 20 minutes.
- Not going 5 miles in any given run is a far less egregious sin against Fitness than not going out at all.
- <Insert bit of gear here> is not a deal breaker for a run, provided that <gear> is something other than shoes and pants/shorts.
- 10 PM is a GREAT bedtime. Even better is 9 PM.
- 5 AM is a GREAT time to wake up.
- “Consistency is all I ask” sayth the Run (2 Dromeas 5:14)
To those of you still reading – thanks.
I did 4 miles yesterday on the way home from the office. The catch? I did them at the North Kingstown Rail Trail, and I did them fast. Well, fast for the Fall 2006 version of Jank. The total run was 33:20 for 4 miles; but the first mile was under 7:30! It just felt good to twist the throttle a bit. No negative split, but mile 4 was faster than mile 3.
So there’s 3 runs in my log book in the last 5 days, after a long dry spell in the middle of September. I don’t think I’ve lost much in the way of fitness, but I think I need to make sure to follow the advice in Dromeas (Click here to see to what that’s referring).
Oh, and I’m looking for a tagline a la The Penguin’s “Waddle on, Folks”. Suggestions?